Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Questions from a broken heart

02/14/01

Questions from a broken heart

Can a heart in so many places be mended?

Isaiah 60:1 The Spirit of the Lord is up on me; because the Lord has anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening to the prison to them that are captive.
Luke 4:18 He was sent to heal the brokenhearted.

Can the wounds of a shattered soul heal?

Jeremiah 6:16 Walk in the good way and you will find rest for your soul.
Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and You will find rest for your soul, for I am meek and humble in heart.
Psalms 34:22 The Lord redeems the soul of his servants; all those taking refuge in him shall be free, desolate, freely pardoned, without condemnation.
Psalms 49:8 for the redemption of their soul is precious and it ceaseth forever.
Psalms 116:7 return to your rest, oh my soul, for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.
Psalms 147:3 He binds up the brokenhearted and heals their wounds.

Can the pain of all the years be expressed?

Psalms 73:16 When I pondered to understand it was too painful for me.
Psalms 25: 18 Look up on all my troubles and afflictions and forgive my sins.
Psalms 47:6 Fear took hold of them there and pain as a woman in travail.
Isaiah 13:8 And they shall be afraid; pains and agony shall seize them.
Romans 8:22 For we know the whole creation groans and travails in pain together until now.
Revelation 21:4 God shall wipe away all their tears and there will be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain for the former things are passed away.

Are there enough tears to cry?

Exodus 3:7 I hear the afflictions of my people I have heard their cries and know their sorrows.
Psalms 17:1 do hear what is right oh Lord! Listen to my cry.
Psalms 18:6 in my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: He heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even onto his ears.
Psalms 40:1 I waited on the Lord and he heard my cry.

Can the ache of the empty years be filled?

Psalms 71:8 let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honor all day.
Psalms 72:19 let the whole earth be filled with His Glory. Amen
2Corinthians 7:4 I am filled with comfort.
Ephesians 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passes knowledge, that you might be filled with the fullness of God.



Can the fear of a terrified child be comforted?

Matthew 18:5 who ever receives one such little child in my name receives me.
1Corinthians14: 21 All will be comforted
Matthew 5:4 Blessed are those that mourn for they shall be comforted.
Isaiah 14:3 And it shall come to pass in the day that the Lord shall give you rest from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou was made to serve.

Is there enough love to go around?

Romans 5:5 and hope makes not ashamed; because the love of God is shed Ghost which is given to us abroad by the Holy.
2Corinthians 13:14 the grace and love of God be with you all

1 comment: